Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Winter Nonsense

Today is one of the most beautiful days ever. I sit in my front room looking out at a snow covered world under the deep majesty of a never ending blue sky. All I can think about is how much delight I find in the little things, like my sons laughter. Even one little smile or laugh and it all I can do to keep from bubbling over with giddy joy. What a beautiful world, what a beautiful God. Sometimes I wonder if He delights in me like this, if he looks down at us when we are free and happy and is just filled with joy that we are experiencing this beautiful laugh. If He cries with us, certainly he laughs with us. And maybe when our faith is like the little child, who adventures in the snowy world like a sojourner from another country with innocent bewilderment at the wonder of something so simple as snow, he is more glorified then when we pack into a heartless building for one hour with a thousand people we don’t know to do something that someone thinks is worship but all we can think is that this show is kind of boring and confusing. Maybe what we really need is to have some snowball fights on Sunday morning.

No comments: