Friday, June 24, 2011

You Are My Storm

Oh lord you are my storm; you are the one who ravishes the landscape of my desires.

Come and unleash your love in my life, leave a path of destruction as your Grace passes through my brokenness and selfishness.

I have nothing to offer, the castles I have built are empty, dark, and lonely.

People come to me and I have no protection for them, At times I barely have enough to sustain myself.

You are a magnificently gentle King who puts all the empires of this world to shame.

You are a lion who feels no need to go around roaring and scaring people into giving you their fear.

You are the mightiest of warriors and yet you stand in the face of your enemy and lay down all your weapons.

You are the only light that can love the dark places enough to offer your own light to them.

My center is found in the center-less reality of your beautiful being.

My spirit hovers over the waters and has no idea what the hell to do, no idea what to make, no vision of beauty.

Yet you hover over the waters and rip wholeness, beauty, and being out of the chaotic nothingness that continues to consume humanity.

I fall into the darkness and am overwhelmed by the powerlust, selfishness, and loneliness that envelope this world.

I fall into your hand and find myself changed forever, I find the reason you called me into being is not to be victorious but to be beautiful of soul.

We justify hate and refuse to love, and you refuse to hate and justify love.

We make otherness painful and evil, you transform otherness into self, welcoming all into your very being.

You are my God, my creator, my king, forever and ever amen.

No comments: