Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Swimming For Air

Sometimes I feel like I am drowning, like all of my effort is a frantic swim towards the surface to get even one gasp of air.  So much for life being like one big cruise.  It has been a while since I have taken the time to write very much.  In the next few weeks I am going to try to reengage this Blog and to live in the wonderlust of searching the unfathomable depths of God again.  
God is calling me to something crazy, His current is dragging me away from comfort and the so called American Dream, this spiritual undertow is dragging me out into the deep beautiful darkness of the God who chose to draw the suffering of the world into himself through Christ, and who continues to bear the scars of that suffering in his very being.

As he calls me out, I need some people to get swept away with me.  I need some brothers and sisters who want to see God's love and justice poured out to the broken and oppressed of our world.  May God draw us as His lights to the center of this worlds darkest places.

Peace.
kurt

4 comments:

ronpie said...

1. Holy Crap your kid is huge.

2. Holy Crap you weren't kidding when you said you were blogging again.

3. Are you serious then about planting a church?

Kurt Ingram said...

My son is growing, he is freaking hillarious too, he love rap. I am going to try to blog again especially as i try to discern what planting a church should look like and as i keep doing this silly thing called school, someday i will be like you ron and have a real degree. The place i am dreaming about planting is crazy because its so different from what i know, moving there would be seen as a move in the wrong direction by most the world, i will actually blog about it later.

ronpie said...

read "Community of Kindness".

Kurt Ingram said...

Carol and I are going to get that book and read it together, it looks awesome